Why you should stop caring what people think

Caring what other people think will be the ultimate cause of unhappiness.

Unknown

1. It steals your happiness and freedom.

It makes you feel self-conscious and wary of everything you do and that is no way to live a life.

Do you really want to be imprisoned by their expectations and opinions? Hold yourself back, change yourself, all for what? If there is one thing I’ve learned is that people will judge you no matter what. People differentiate, and it’s not our job to make them like us.

I caught myself hesitating to publish a blog post, because I was wondering- Will the people who view it, like it? Is it good enough? I doubted myself for a moment, but do you know what? I decided I like the post, it is good enough for me and I scheduled it for publishing. Which brings me to my next point.

2. You can’t satisfy everyone.

P.S this is my favorite actress. Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Most of us are raised to be people-pleasers, I know I certainly was in some aspects. People pleasing becomes a bad thing when you value their happiness over yours, people are responsible for their own happiness. It really isn’t your job to satisfy everyone and no matter what, there will always be someoen unhappy. Realise that you and every other person are in totally different worlds, you have different perspectives and you percieve reality different.

People Pleasing hides the real you.

3. It keeps you from your goals and dreams

We would rather do the things that we don’t necessarily want to do, just because it gains us approval. I hear many successful people say that their parents didn’t support their goals, that their parents had another goal for them at the time and were against them becoming an actor/actress, comedian, gamer, singer ect.

What do all those successful people have in common? They didn’t care that no one supported them, that no one approved of their dream. They took risks. They simply believed in themselves.

4. They don’t know what’s best for you

Only you can decide in life what’s best for you. Only you can decide if you’ve made the right choices. Do you want to care so much what people think that one day you look back and realize you’ve done nothing that you actually wanted to do?

It’s your life live it your way. They had/have their chance in life. Life is simply too short to live your life according to them and their expectations for you.

5. Opinions change constantly anyways

A person can suddenly hate you and then like you and vice versa, so why even bother? If they like you or don’t, let ’em be. Once again, you can’t satisfy everyone.

Thanks for reading and remember to be you to the fullest. Approve of yourself. Love yourself. Be kind to yourself. Motivate yourself. Set your own expectations. Have goals and dream big.

Sorry for the age inappropriateness, but I just love this quote🔥

84 Comments

1. I love this! Thank you for your advice and insight. 😊💕

Liked by 5 people

2. kinge says:

I really like those quotes, and how you’ve linked them with the story content explaining those values is very impressive. True, we should be confident enough to know what’s best for us and believe in ourselves.

Liked by 6 people

3. Jimmy John says:

Nice written with attitude 👌

Liked by 7 people

4. karlien09 says:

Thank you very much for reading and leaving me this beautiful comment🤗❤ Indeed, we should🔥 Self-believe is important to achieving what we want in life.

5. karlien09 says:

Thanks🔥
    Your support is appreciated🤗❤

6. inspirechief says:

Incredibly insightful and inspiring. Great quotes and your explanations are clear and concise. You truly have a gift for expressing your thoughts. Take care.

Liked by 5 people

7. karlien09 says:

Thank you so much, Chief. Your comment is very much appreciated🤗Namaste🤗❤

8. Woww m impressed…!😍

Liked by 4 people

9. karlien09 says:

Thanks🤗❤

10. karlien09 says:

It is my honor🔥Thanks for reading and leaving a comment, it is truly appreciated🤗❤

Liked by 2 people

11. My pleasure! I used to really self conscious about myself and my decisions for myself. And now, I care less what people think of me. I realized when I’m with people, I don’t make observations about them, so that’s when I knew people wouldn’t make observations about me either.

Liked by 4 people

12. karlien09 says:

This is an excellent point! People are mostly focused on themselves! I too used to struggle with self-consciousness, still do sometimes… Thanks for sharing🤗❤

Liked by 2 people

13. No person can be down with everything *&*all-right with everybody. It isn’t what people think about you good or not so good, but it’s what you think about yourself that counts!

Liked by 6 people

14. karlien09 says:

Very true🔥
    Thanks, dear friend for reading and leaving such an inspiring statement❤🤗

Liked by 1 person

15. Thank you creative friend for having something of value for me to commit on.

Liked by 3 people

16. karlien09 says:

You are most welcome🔥🤗 I am happy that I bring value to your life❤🤗

Liked by 2 people

17. You bring priceless value to my life!

Liked by 3 people

18. karlien09 says:

That’s all I could ask for🔥🤗

19. You are just great

Liked by 3 people

20. karlien09 says:

As are you my dear friend❤ I am very grateful that we have discovered each other🤗❤

21. God is great.

Liked by 3 people

22. Nova says:

Powerful message with affirmation via quotes! Love everything about this post❤️❤️❤️

Liked by 3 people

23. That’s pretty true Karlien we never feel free when we are bounded by other’s expectations and opinions. I agree with all of your thoughts. I do feel the same all the points put up by you.

Liked by 4 people

24. Superb…. and I have been grateful to honour you nominationing for the Great Achiever Mahasiddhi Blogger Award cause of your awesome post. For details: https://kamalsbloggingcafe.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/great-achiever-mahasiddhi-blogger-award-gamba/. Please help spread PEACE & Promote SAVE ENVIRONMENT through this small step. Thanks a lot.🙂🙂🙂🙏

Liked by 3 people

25. That’s the authenticity.Good job.Whatevere society thinks,we do have our own thoughts and ideas.The don’t know what we really are better live life to the fullest…your post is so lovely 😍🥰

Liked by 4 people

26. karlien09 says:

I am glad to hear that you aggree🤗 Thanks for reading and leaving a comment, it is very much appreciated🤗❤

27. karlien09 says:

Thank you so much for reading and leaving such a beautiful comment💞🤗 It is deeply appreciated🤗❤

28. karlien09 says:

Thank you so much, Nova,💞🤗 So happy to hear you love it🤗 Thanks for reading and leaving me such a sweet comment❤

Liked by 2 people

29. you are most welcome Karlien.

Liked by 3 people

30. A great and powerful post indeed!😊

Liked by 4 people

31. karlien09 says:

32. Most welcome.😄😊😉

Liked by 3 people

33. So Nice,
    Precious,
    So Nice!!

Liked by 3 people

34. karlien09 says:

Liked by 2 people

35. My pleasure, Precious!!

Liked by 2 people

36. Very well-written, Karlien! It took me a very long time to understand these truths. You can use the knowledge you have gained at an early age to build a successful and satisfying life. All the best! Cheryl

37. karlien09 says:

Thank you. You inspire me🤗💞
    Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, it is truly very much appreciated❤🤗

38. “You can be most sure of anything except People.” _-Van Prince
    The moral of that Quote is: Some people will love you, some will like you,some will hate you,*&* still many love themselves so much until they don’t have room for others. What people think of you is personal to them, and some will speak good of you and some will speak ill of you, a few will praise you in your face *&* too many will talk about you behind your back, but when people speak highly of you its positive, *&* when people speak ill of you its negative of you so what. Accept the good compliments *&* strive to be more profound, *&* when some people speak ill of you then you are important or else they would use that time praising themselves which let you know you are making more progress than them!

39. Kally says:

I’m totally inspired by this!

40. karlien09 says:

💞That is my aim with everything post I write🔥
    Thank you so much for reading and leaving this motivational thought. I truly appreciate it🤗💞

41. Manish Malu says:

Wow.. this is great post again…

“We should not care what other people think, let them do what they want to do, we should focus on ourselves.”
    They will be having extra time but we do not.😊

And the last quote was superb .. much needed for this post and nothing inappropriate about that.

Thanks💕😊

42. karlien09 says:

Exactly!🤗

Very happy to hear that😉

🤗💞I should be thanking you for all the support and for taking the time to comment on my posts. It is truly appreciated🤗💞

43. Manish Malu says:

Is this compliment for me…😊

44. karlien09 says:

Indeed it is😉
    🤗💞

45. Manish Malu says:

Wow.. thank you so much.. and your posts inspires me a alot…🤗💕

46. karlien09 says:

😄🤗💞

47. Manish Malu says:

Thanks for the hug.. I think I got 4 hugs from you so I can survive today…😉 Thanks…🤗💕

48. karlien09 says:

😜😂You just made my day😂💕 Thanks, dear friend.

Our interaction hold value which I appreciate🤗💞

49. Manish Malu says:

Thanks.. bye for now.. I don’t want to make your comment box, a chatting app😀😉

50. karlien09 says:

If only😉🤗
    Bye, for now, looking forward to your next motivational post💞

Take care😊🤗

51. Manish Malu says:

Sure.. will post by late evening…
    Hey we can contact through mail if you wish to..

52. karlien09 says:

Or I can create a seperate post, that you’ll need a password for and we can chat in that posts’ comment section, I find it easier that way. But if you think Email is better, I’ll be happy to chat there🤗

53. Manish Malu says:

Ohh if that is doable then am good.. I never used that function.. let’s try…😊

54. karlien09 says:

Okay, I’ll email you the password in less than 5 min…I’ll comment here to tell you if tyhe email is sent.

55. Manish Malu says:

Sure..😊

56. karlien09 says:

sorry🙈 can you send me your email adress

57. karlien09 says:

thanks! it is sent😁🤗

58. Loveblossom says:

That’s true as long as we can learn to ignore people. we can be happier

59. karlien09 says:

64. mpardi2013 says:

Well done. Stay strong.

65. karlien09 says:

🤗💕
    Take care💕

66. gabychops says:

I was just going to press ‘I like’, when you have used swear words. It is childish, rude, and offensive. Those who know enough words to express their thought, don’t need to swear.

Joanna

67. karlien09 says:

You see, I don’t mind that you think I am rude and childish, you commented this on the perfect post, a quick reminder for me that I don’t really care what you think🤗

I am sorry if you found it offensive and I am sorry if this bothered you this much to let me know that you didn’t press the like button. Please don’t bother reading my blog posts if you find it offensive, I can’t keep everyone happy and I will continue to express myself the way I see fit. Those who like it, like it, and those who don’t, don’t.

I don’t write for approval, though I am happy that many other people liked this post and that it helped them in one way or another and saw it in a positive way, rather than focus on a few swearing words.

Take care and I hope that happiness and abundance fills your life🌸
    Karlien💕

68. karlien09 says:

The thing is, different people see things differently, you saw the swearing as negative and he saw it as needed for this post. Just sorry that you couldn’t see the good🙃
    You see:

Manish Malu
    Aug 24, 2020
    Wow.. this is great post again…

They will be having extra time but we do not.😊

Thanks💕😊

69. Tim O'Connor says:

Excellent article. This topic is critical for people to understand in the development of healthy relationships. The management guru Dr. Stephen Covey and spiritual guru Dr. Deepak Chopra, referred to this as “frame of reference.” If I repeatedly look to others for self-assurance to build my self-worth I am referencing my identity from an outside/in perspective. Another way to say that would be that an outside/in person is giving others the power to regulate their emotions and self-worth.

Your article reflects a mature inside/out frame of reference which is healthy. This perspective does not result in “not caring.” The inside/out perspective assures each individual has the ego strength to care for others without the “need to be needed” (co-dependency) which is reactive, not proactive. An inside/out person sets boundaries and doesn’t take things personally, allowing them to assist others without being involved in their drama.

70. karlien09 says:

Wow! Very true and wise words. I’ve never heard of this, thanks for broadening my perspective and explaining it so well and clearly. I appreciate it very much, thanks for sharing.💕

Much love and abundance. Take good care.🤗💕

71. The Seb says:

Thanks for the wonderful presentation, so many people out there are victims and this message can simply change the way they define themselves.

72. karlien09 says:

Thank you so much, I truly hope it does💞

Much love and abundance. Take care🤗💕

73. gabychops says:

Hi Karlien, Just to say thank you for the kind messages. I do value your friendship highly.
    Please don’t miss tomorrow’s post, you will love it, I promise. I will await your brilliant, as always, appraisal. Of course, as you know, I like your post, minus the bits. I know, I know, I am now getting boring!
    Joanna

74. karlien09 says:

😜😂You never bore me🌸

I value your friendship as well and it is my pleasure❤

I can’t wait!! Thanks for letting me know, I am already excited to see what you have written🥂🌸

Much love and abundance. Take care, and I’ll see you in tomorrow’s comment section😁🤗💕

75. gabychops says:

I just wish you were my daughter. I envy your very lucky parents.

76. karlien09 says:

😢❤🌸

77. “What other people think of you good or bad is a part of life
    what people think of you should be important to you so you
    will know who your friends are *&* who aren’t!”

_-Van Prince

78. karlien09 says:

I totally agree, thanks for sharing this, dear friend💕🤗

Liked by 1 person

79. Thank you for your content dear friend!

80. karlien09 says: