Believe me when I say that I was an irritating little girl that nearly died of boredom every single day, nagging in everyone’s ears, never satisfied for long with any project, walking up and down a room, sighing, all just to let them know that I am seriously bored.
My grandmother is the main reason that I’m never bored. I told her for, give or take, the hundredth time that I’m bored. My grandmother set her paintbrush aside and looked at me really looked at me, a look that made me swallow my words and pay close attention.
My grandmother was an artist of every kind, I never heard her complaining when it came to boredom. She knew how to draw, paint with different mediums, color, doodle, write, works with pastels, do bobbin lace, knitting, crochet, make greeting cards, paint rocks, bake; whatever could be done with the hands she could probably do. She was also a collector of stamps, that kept her busy for hours for weeks trying to sort everything out.
Though I can’t remember her exact words, she pointed out to me that if you’re bored you’re not living your life but instead wasting it… It is true, isn’t it? People spend hours feeling bored although there’s a lot one can do.
The opposite of happiness is not sadness. It’s boredom.~Unknown
So? how am I never bored:
- Even if there’s nothing I want to do or nothing that needs to be done, I dream big, I travel into my past or visualize my future.
- I have many hobbies and interests
- I am busy learning a new language
- I like taking care of my body- exercise, skincare, long baths
- I improve my environment-tidy up, declutter
- Social media, isn’t it just a wonderful gift?
- I discovered my passion~writing
- I am a curious person
- If a thing doesn’t interest me anymore, I move on. As simple as that. (I have a hard time committing to things for a long period., but I don’t allow it to keep me from doing something else, I also don’t let the feeling of boredom creep into my system.)
- I have pets, that need to be taken care of and need my undivided love and attention
- I have my fair share of chores
- Friends and family
- Gratefulness also plays its part
- My three most-used apps, besides WordPress of course.YouTube. Pinterest. Instagram.
- I see boredom as a negative emotion, and I try to rid of it. I don’t like how boredom used to make me feel, it took some time to get rid of boredom but it’s worth it.
- WordPress, how could you be bored when there are thousands of different articles and people?
- I love learning and trying new things
- I have a younger sibling, and she’s a handful
I’m always doing something even when I’m doing nothing.
The two most helpful things to never be bored, in my opinion, would be passion and curiosity.
Are you a person who is bored often? Are you never bored? How do you keep yourself busy? How do you spend your days? What is your passion in life? Please tell me more about yourself in the comments, I genuinly would love to hear all about you🤗
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy what is left of the day. Namaste🌸
…..Something completely of topic😜🤗
Today the most insightful realization hit me. I have changed so much this year, in the most positive way. One of my goals for this year was self-growth, ’cause last year was a rollercoaster of the good and bad, and it was time for an internal change. I only realized hours after I properly woke, that I actually had an awful beginning this morning and the rest of my day also didn’t go according to plan. I had a goal to try and get in routine for this week because on Monday it is back to school for me, but nothing worked in my favor. Long story short, all my plans and goals were demolished and I had no power over it, and it didn’t affect my mood as much, in the past, I would’ve been negative and grumpy the rest of the day… I just felt the need to share this for some reason… Heres to self-growth🥂🍻 I hope Lockdown/2020 brought something special or positive into your life aswell🔥🤗